Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grand Rounds

Grand Rounds is a weekly compilation of the best medical blogs. It is hosted by a different person each week, and they usually organize the submissions into some kind of theme. It is read by thousands of healthcare professionals and patients across the country.

This week’s Grand Rounds is hosted by the irrepressible Dr. Rob, a primary care physician, who writes Musings of a Distractible Mind. His blog reveals him to be a compassionate, funny doctor who takes his work very seriously.

Now Grand Rounds are hardly what you would call dour, but they usually are pretty staid. Enter Dr. Rob, on Groundhog’s Day, and you have one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. And that is not sucking up. Because Dr. Rob already chose my blog post about Jacqueline du Pré as his favorite for this week!!!!!! AAAGGGHHH!!!!!

He likes me. He really likes me.

I am completely flattered and totally blown away. What means the most to me is that here is a doctor who gets it. He has empathy for his patient’s pain. What a gift that is.

I asked him to marry me, but I haven’t heard back yet.

So, thanks Dr.Rob!

Here is this week's Grand Rounds. There is some wonderful reading there:

Musings of a Distractible Mind


Photobucket

1 comment:

Lawyer Mom said...

I'm off to read it now!