Sunday, August 17, 2008

But Wait, There's More...

I had shingles this winter and was really sick. But not that bad. My mother called. She had me at Death’s Door:

Kay: Oh, you poor thing. I am so sorry this happened to you. This is horrible. This is terrible. Oh my God. How are you feeling?
Me: I'm feeling better today. (I hear my father in the background "How is she?")
Kay: (to my father) She says she feels horrible!

Very generously, my parents offered to bring me lunch. They were just going to drop it off, so they wouldn’t even come in. When my mother called she asked what I would like.

Me: Umm, a sandwich would be nice.
Kay: Ok, what do you like?
Me: Um, I like chicken salad.
Kay: Oh, your father and I love chicken salad. A & P had chickens on sale last week, buy one get one free. I stuffed one and roasted it. You know how your father loves that. And I made nice green beans with it. I cut the other one in half and made soup and chicken salad. Your father loved it. He loves soup and a sandwich. It's his favorite thing.
Me: I make good chick....
Kay: Ok, see you in a little while.
Click

P.S. I got a turkey sandwich.

6 comments:

Jane Turley said...

That sounds fowl!

Marie said...

Grroaaannnnn!!!!!

Da Old Man said...

I used to get, "What do you want?" I'd tell Mom, and she'd say, "No, you don't want that." :)

Marie said...

God help me, I have been guilty of that one!!! lol

I guess that is in the collective mother unconsious. lol

DK said...

Oh....parents.....

Paul Burman said...

Great dialogue!