But a friend sent me a video that was a good reminder of the importance of prayer, especially for those who have caused me grief. My church’s mission statement is essentially “God’s Unconditional Love Practiced Here”. We are obligated to pray for those who have hurt us.
I have a long list currently:
- The simpletons who laid me off.
- Family members who inexplicably and hurtfully don’t speak to me.
- The plumbers who destroyed my basement and then called me names.
- The pain doctor who blew me off.
- The guy whose careless driving wrecked my car this summer.
- People who leave ignorant, hate filled comments after online news articles.
- People in general who irk the piss out of me.
This is for them:
(e-mail readers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rn041uWncU)
Well I never said I was a saint. The mission statement says ‘practice’.
I need a lot of practice.