This is my take on the Bill of Rights, the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution.
The second amendment is essential because:
- Those pesky British are always trying to take us over.
- I might want to start a Citizen’s Militia someday.
- Automatic assault weapons are fun!
- We need to protect ourselves from the indigenous people whose land we stole.
- It is far easier to shoot an intruder than to call 911.
- Nothing has changed in our country since the Constitution was written over two centuries ago.
- I’m an American and my rights are more important than yours. I deserve whatever I want, whenever I want it.
- Most important of all, with 35,000 gun deaths annually in the United States (murders, suicides and accidents), it keeps funeral parlors in business.
You go, Second Amendment! You are what makes America what it is today – a worldwide disgrace. It is a place where you send your six year-old to school and they never come home again. A place where you ask if your child, shot up to ELEVEN TIMES with an automatic weapon, suffered much before they died. A place where dozens of children will have fond childhood memories of hiding in school from a murderous, rampaging gunman.
God bless America.
|Olivia, days before someone looked at that face and murdered her with an automatic assault weapon, obtained legally under the second amendment.|
Did you like what you read? Let others know. Thanks!