Friday, October 24, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Work

A few days ago, on my way to work, I was behind a pick-up truck at a stop light.

In big letters across the back it said “ALPHA MALE”. Underneath, in smaller letters, it said “Randyman Services”.

Well my jaw fell open. I thought that was illegal.

I was scrambling for a pen and paper to get the number when I realized there was a wet leaf stuck on the lettering. It formed a line that closed the ‘H’. Instead of “Randyman” it actually said “Handyman”.

Phew! That could have been embarrassing.

10 comments:

manju said...

Close call indeed, Marie. Nice story!:)

Anonymous said...

I can see how that could throw you. So glad you didn't make that call. ;)

Anonymous said...

Nice Post Marie,
I have made similar mistakes.

Marie said...

I have the nicest, most supportive readers. :)

I figured you were all going to groan and say, oh, honestly, is that the best you could come up with this week!! lol

Instead, you commiserate over me having my mind in the gutter. lol

Thanks you guys! Thanks for always coming back. xoxo

Da Old Man said...

Close call. Now I'm wondering where I can get a randyman services bumper sticker.

dadthedude said...

nice, I've found a new business if things don't get better.

Marie said...

Hey, Joe, printing those could become a cottage industry. I'll look into it. :)

And, Dude, it is a pretty recession-proof profession. ;)

DK said...

LMAO. That's too funny.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one with my brain down here in the gutter...

Marie said...

Ha ha ha...:)

Anna Lefler said...

Har! I loved that story...

Thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower - I really appreciate that!

Hope you're having a great weekend...

:^) Anna