Sunday, November 1, 2009

Odds and Ends (more odds than ends)

Yes, I have changed my blog design yet again. I really thought the last layout was too busy and I actually…um…hated it. If you liked it, I hope I haven’t insulted you. But I think this is a lot cleaner and easier to read.

Back to the Dating Game

I discovered there was yet another element I never realized I had to specify: NO MARRIED MEN!!!

I had been chatting with a very nice guy. About the sixth message and he says “I want to be honest and tell you I’m married. But it is a sort of sexless marriage.”

Sort of sexless?!?! SORT OF?!?!

So I added an Addendum to my profile:

I never realized I was so picky before, but after about 70 contacts, I realize I have to add a few more specifics:

* No married men
* I do not like NASCAR in any way, shape or form
* No married men
* Please don't smoke
* No married men
* Please be younger than my father
* No married men
* You might have noticed I said I like books. I said I would like YOU to like books. The word 'book' is in my screen name. If you are not a big book person, we will have nothing in common.
* No married men
* I will not ask you for your picture. You can send it if you want, but who you are is more important. I will send mine after a few conversations if I think we are a good fit. If you ask for it before we've exchanged a single word, bub-bye.
* NO MARRIED MEN!!!!

After I added this, I received sheepish e-mails from THREE OTHER GUYS that had been corresponding with me admitting they too were married but being on a singles dating site was ok with their wives. However since I expressed that a relationship with a married man was OUT OF THE QUESTION they just wanted to say goodbye.

Gee whiz. That’s all I can say. And it takes a lot to render me speechless.

Writing

I have another article coming up in Dr. Kevin Pho’s blog. He calls it a blog, but it is really more like an online magazine. He does a great job presenting information that is timely and thought provoking, from all different perspectives, physicians, nurses, patients and other health care workers. When you have time, check him out, http://www.kevinmd.com/blog.

In addition to editing this terrific site and speaking all over the country about social media as applied to health care, Dr. Pho is a general practitioner in New Hampshire. I asked him last week how he possibly managed it all. He laughed and said he didn’t sleep much. Of course it doesn’t hurt that he is like twelve.

More Writing

In approximately four hours it will be November 1 and I will again be part of NaNoWriMo, the National Novel Writing Month (http://www.nanowrimo.org).

The idea behind the project is to have a novel written by December 1. A 50,000 word novel. I have no ideas, characters, or plot. Last year I signed up and did not write a single word.

This ought to be interesting.

Sad and Pathetic

While writing this post, sitting in bed with my laptop, I dozed off. Eight thirty at night, and I can’t keep my eyes open. And while I dozed, I dreamt about…bobby pins. Nothing magical or mystical or interesting. I simply was looking for bobby pins and when I found them started to put my hair up.

I’m surprised I didn’t dream about something really exotic, like mopping the kitchen floor or scrubbing the toilet. Maybe that’s next! Ooooh, I can’t wait to get back to sleep.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Herrad said...

Hi Marie,
Happy writing, hope you get it written by December.
Love,
Herrad
Came by to say hello and wish you a good Halloween weekend.
Love,
Herrad

brokenteepee said...

Good luck on the novel. Perhaps you are fated to write about bobby pins....

Men suck

Bibliotekaren said...

Marie, thanks for providing one more reason as to why I've never tried online dating! However, I sincerely appreciate you being the scout and reporter for this endeavor :)

Donna

Margaret said...

Good luck with NaNoWriMo! Kevin did it last year and loved it. You really can do it.