Monday, February 23, 2015

Call



Especially as someone who desperately misses my cherished children, J.K. Simmons made me cry last night in his Academy Award acceptance speech when he implored people to call their parents. 


I would take that step farther - if you can, reach out to anyone who has made a difference in your life and let them know how they matter to you.   My mother died three years ago.  We had a challenging relationship, but I miss her terribly and would give anything to be able to talk to her again for even one minute.  

I have been so blessed to have many, many people, friends and relatives, show me support and love over the years.  Life is so short.  At the end of the day, staying connected to people we love is truly what makes living worthwhile. 

A call can be a simple connection or it can be an opportunity to begin to heal a deep wound.  Either way, it is a winning proposition.  Call someone you love, for you and for them. 

From 1 Corinthians 13:

Love is patient, love is kind.  It keeps no records of wrongdoings.  Love does not delight in evil.  Love never fails.
 

Photobucket





 Did you like what you read? Let others know. Thanks!

4 comments:

Muffie said...

Good advice, Marie!

Marie said...

Thanks to J.K.! His parents clearly did something right. :)

Barbara By The Book said...

My New Year's resolution this year is calling one person a week who meant something to me and telling them that. It's amazing how good it makes me feel afterwards.

Marie said...

Barbara, what a great idea! Your friends are lucky to have you.